Let’s face it; times are changing. The digital ecosystem has become so much more than we ever thought it could be. The deliverability, performance, and security of short links are more critical than ever, and every form of communication in every channel (SMS, WhatsApp, Email, Social Media, etc.) matters.
It’s now time to move on from legacy providers who facilitate generic link-shortening and move to a more modern, secure alternative. Whether you’re a publicly traded company or a digital agency working with global brands, one common thread remains—in every channel where businesses aim to reach their audience—transparency, trust, and security matters.
Social media, messaging, and communication channels are rapidly evolving, and brands need to do everything they can to ensure their messages reach the intended recipients and that the links that connect to experiences, brands, and products are recognized, secure, and engaging. Cryptic, generic short links are more likely to be blocked, flagged as spam, or ignored by platforms and people, which is why shortening URLs with branded links is essential. Rebrandly data shows that branded short links deliver better deliverability and 39% higher click-through rates than generic short links.
By condensing generic, lengthy links into concise custom URLs, a URL shortener streamlines your messaging, ensuring your communications make the most impact without creating friction or consuming precious space. In this article, we’ll explore the significance of link management and discuss how Rebrandly’s solution offers a strategic advantage in optimizing your online presence.
What is Link Management All About?
Link management involves the systematic processes of locating, accessing, editing, storing, structuring, organizing, and analyzing all the links that an organization utilizes and disseminates. This means both internal and external links. A proficient link management platform facilitates the tracking and administration of these links across various channels and enables complete control of the process.
Its functionalities extend beyond shortening a URL, enabling businesses to optimize links for enhanced deliverability and click-through rates, analyze performance metrics, rectify broken links, and boost SEO rankings.
While free link management tools may offer basic functionalities, and in-house solutions are plausible, these options often lack the robustness and efficiency of specialized platforms. Enter Rebrandly: more than just a URL shortener, Rebrandly simplifies secure link creation and management to drive enterprise value.
With Rebrandly, IT and marketing teams can effortlessly craft custom URL links for any digital asset by leveraging branded domains. Additionally, users can streamline operations by managing multiple custom domain names and monitoring 404 traffic via Rebrandly’s intuitive dashboard or API, saving valuable time and resources.
But there’s more to it than that. Discover nine reasons why buying an existing link management platform is better than building your own.
9 Reasons Your Business Needs an Enterprise Link Management Solution
Discovering the ideal link management solution for your enterprise entails several factors, from cost-effectiveness to scalability and everything in between. Further, the need for efficiency and agility in link management should be non-negotiable.
From the ability to adapt nimbly to market shifts to optimizing resources, an enterprise-grade solution offers multifaceted benefits. Let’s explore why investing in such a solution could revolutionize your business’s online presence and operational effectiveness.
- Expertise and Specialization: Platforms specializing in branded link management solutions typically have years of experience and expertise in this niche, with patented IP and powerful AI functionality—which can be difficult for an in-house team to replicate quickly.
- Value: Creating an in-house solution may seem cheaper initially, but it can rack up hidden expenses quickly. Opting for a SaaS platform means costs for development, maintenance, updates, and training are spread across all users, ensuring predictable payback timelines. Comparatively, an in-house build risks unforeseen costs and ROI challenges.
- Time to Market and Efficiency: Developing an in-house solution can be time-consuming. Commercially available link management solutions can be quickly and easily implemented, allowing companies to benefit immediately rather than waiting months or years for an in-house development cycle to get established.
- Reliability: Most link management platforms include continuous updates and customer support. Rebrandly has invested in infrastructure and operations to deliver 99.9% uptime for customers and provides transparency through a public link. In-house solutions require a dedicated team for maintenance and updates, which can be resource-intensive and delay time to value (TTV).
- Scalability and Flexibility: SaaS link management solutions are typically more scalable and flexible than in-house systems. These SaaS solutions are also designed to quickly adapt to the market’s growing or changing needs to stay competitive. In contrast, an in-house system can often be limited by its bespoke functionality—which ultimately limits the scope and impact of its ROI.
- Security and Compliance: Sophisticated and robust security features are a requirement of any link management platform. Compliance with relevant privacy and security standards (SOC 2, GDPR, ISO, HIPAA) and global regulations can be a complex area for in-house solutions to navigate and address effectively—and the risks associated with failing to adhere to these standards can be severe.
- Return on Investment (ROI): Presenting comprehensive data and analytics is essential to seeing your chosen solution’s return on investment (ROI). By offering concrete figures and insights, businesses can make informed investment decisions. A comparative analysis between an in-house solution’s estimated costs and risks versus a commercial platform can be highly persuasive. This allows decision-makers to evaluate the potential savings, efficiencies, and long-term benefits of opting for a specialized solution over an internally developed one. Ultimately, leveraging data-driven evidence strengthens the case for selecting your organization’s most cost-effective and impactful link management solution.
- Innovation: Investing in a commercially available link management platform streamlines link-related operations and frees up valuable resources and manpower. Companies cannot afford to spread themselves too thin in today’s fast-paced business environment, where competition is fierce and innovation is non-negotiable. Organizations can redirect their focus and energies toward core business activities by outsourcing link management to a specialized platform. This enables them to prioritize strategic initiatives to enhance competitive differentiation and drive growth.
- Tech Stack Efficiency: When considering the tech stack efficiency of a link management solution, several factors come into play beyond scale, performance, and integration compatibility. Efficiency encompasses the platform’s ability to seamlessly integrate with existing systems and workflows, minimizing disruptions and maximizing productivity. Additionally, robust analytics and reporting capabilities provide valuable insights into link performance, audience engagement, and campaign effectiveness, empowering businesses to make better data-driven decisions.
Rebrandly is Your Link Management Partner
Investing in a comprehensive link management solution is not just about shortening URLs; it’s about optimizing your online presence and safeguarding your brand. Rebrandly is more than just a URL shortener; our robust product features empower businesses to streamline link management while enhancing brand trust and engagement.
By concealing unsightly tracking codes from your audience, Rebrandly ensures a seamless user experience while providing invaluable insights into link performance and audience engagement.
Since adopting Rebrandly, many organizations and global brands like Versace, Toyota, PayPal, and Zillow have discovered innovative ways to leverage link management across teams, remarkably increasing the deliverability and open rates of digital campaigns and essential communications (via SMS, email, WhatsApp, and more).
The transition from long, unwieldy links to branded, shortened URLs has markedly improved (with an average 40% increase) interaction and engagement across various industries such as health, financial services, government, e-commerce, manufacturing, travel, and entertainment.
With Rebrandly, businesses can securely and efficiently manage their omnichannel communications and digital assets, driving informed decision-making and sustained growth.
Book a demo with Rebrandly today and discover the full potential of your links.