Our first 48h on Product Hunt
Product Hunt is an incredible resource for any tech lover, especially for early adopters. I personally check it almost once a day. You can be surprised about how many different and new products are posted there every day, some of them are really awesome.
Rebrandly has developed easy-to-create, memorable short links featuring your brand’s domain name in order to help smart people like you rid the world of ugly, forgettable short links. It’s the fastest, easiest way to share your brand with every link!
But if you are reading our blog probably you knew it already 🙂
Ok…after the “commercial” here’s my story…
Two days ago, when I saw Rebrandly featured on PH (Rebrand.ly/PH) I was VERY pleased!!! Our service (even if still in beta) was among other important products and was gaining a lot of traction.
After less than 48h hours we received:
- 477 upvotes (#3 in tech)
- 60 comments
- 1000+ subscriptions to Rebrandly
- 350+ new branded domains registered
- Much important advice
More than numbers, that are anyway very interesting, we received compliments, moral support and GREAT advice from a super-prepared audience. This allowed our engineers to perform hotfixes almost in real-time and significantly improve the UX.
New subscribers also brought to our attention some interesting needs that converged into a couple of new features we are designing right now.
We received 250+ messages via ProductHunt, Email, Twitter and Facebook.
Here’s a sample:
Today I browsed a bit about PH product launches and I saw articles about strategies, preparation, techniques,… We didn’t do anything of that, we just followed the flow and were careful to answer all the questions from product-hunters as fast as possible.
Here is what we did:
- Contacted the author of the submission, which resulted to be subscribed to Rebrandly months ago and asked to update the presentation material with better creativities we produced, including a nice video (Rebrand.ly/Video) and an animated GIF.
- Asked PH to be accredited as the Maker of Rebrandly
- Published a welcome message from our founder
- Answered any questions and comments on PH, Facebook, email and Twitter
- Updated the conversation with additional info and images
In my opinion focus on the product is King and focus on customers is King-Kong.
I mean that if your product is customer-centric if everything runs around UX and your team culture is all about doing and re-doing things until perfection, then you can expect huge support from your customers.
Thank you to all Product Hunters that supported Rebrandly! Rebrand.ly/PH
Post Updated: September 14th 2021.
Originally Posted: March 10th 2016.